Wednesday 25 November 2015

A Simple Act

The lift at my office was about to close, when I approached it.There was only one girl in the lift. She saw me and held it open for me. And as soon as I got in, she pressed the button to my floor which is 3rd and I gathered from the other button which was glowing, that she works in 7th floor. This girl takes the same bus as me to office everyday. But as far as I remember we might have taken the same lift not more than twice. I was really surprised to know that, this person whom I have never talked to, knows which floor I work in and she held the lift open for me, where in, I have seen people who are in such hurry that, even if they see people coming towards lift, they just close the lift as fast as possible,so that they can reach early. After this experience in the morning, I involuntarily had a smile on my face. I thought, how easy it is to make someone happy and feel important just by a simple act. There is so much power in one person, one word and one act.

Yet, we see people screaming at others, saying hurtful things and behaving in unkind way.  Just like one person's words or acts can make your day, a person's hurtful words and actions can ruin your day. Being nice is not tough and the results are wonderful. But people find it easy to be selfish and rude and complain that their life is tough. What you sow is what you reap. And we always tend to forget that. We are so much blinded by our ego and selfishness that we can't see the beauty and simplicity of love,kindness and being yourself.

May be the girl who was nice to me today, has an eidetic memory or a photographic memory. She might have seen me press 3 once and remembers it. Or may be we might have taken the same lift more number of times than I can remember/recall. But the point is , she chose to press that number for me, letting me know that," hey! I know where you work!" Neither her ego nor her pride dominated her instincts. which made me feel important. Made me feel that may be I am a noticeable person. People do notice me. Not like I am invisible. That is enough to make one's day. And it did. When strangers are capable of making us this happy, imagine how much our loved ones are capable of. and how much we are capable of doing to our loved ones.

When you are capable of bringing joy, don't waste it in making someone cry!! 

3 comments:

  1. Isn't that the invisible hand of the almighty, in all the actions great and small, we see around ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Yes. You are right. But I also believe, as human beings we have our own set of responsibilities when we deal with people:)

      Delete