Monday 10 August 2015

Being Single!

Today, I was reading this article about enjoying your life being single.
Then I thought, being single is not as tough as you think. I was discussing with one of my friends today and I got to know that this friend of mine thinks that getting in to a marriage is like getting in to the "moha"(Delusion). May be a vicious circle. I am not against marriage or people being together, but we are not sure what we are getting in to. Human mind is very complex and very unpredictable. No matter how much you know a person, there comes a time when this person acts in a complete strange way which may overwhelm us, or disappoint us or even hurt us. But again, marriages are all about compromise. Either being single or committed, everything comes with a list of Pros and Cons.
As I am a single woman and I like to be optimistic, I just wanted to write down some benefits of being Single.
Benefits of being single (Enjoy While it lasts!):
1. After your office hours and during weekends you are free as a bird, you don't have to do what your spouse/bf/gf says. You can make your own plans.
2. You don’t have to be accountable for anyone for anything you do. You can get up any time you want, wear whatever you like, go for a walk, sit and watch your favourite movie/serial how many ever times you want.
3. You can talk to any one you wish to, without feeling guilty.
4. You can just sit and read whole day without getting disturbed by anyone.
5. You can be online, any time of the day or night, no one will question you. (At least not with authority)
6. There is no space for getting hurt because your spouse/bf/gf behaved in a certain way or said certain things.
7. And there is always this uncertainty of the future (as you don’t know who your spouse is going to be) which makes life so interesting.

The list goes on.. Overall being single brings you freedom of speech, thought and deed...

P.S. I am not against marriage, but I am against getting married just for the sake of "Log Kya Kahenge".




2 comments:

  1. I love the happiness I get, knowing that, I do not have the opportunity to hurt another human soul ( your partner) by overstepping their personal borders. I know in some part of the world, the person I intend to get married is having an amazing life, free from my authority, possessiveness and controlling that I would enforce, after marriage, just like all the other couples, I know of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what you said is just beautiful and kind.. God bless you my friend:) Most of the time what happens is people do not know that they are enforcing something on someone, everyone wants to put themselves in the victim mode. Life becomes meaningful when at least one of them understands the situation and has the maturity to handle it:)

    ReplyDelete